For those of ou who weren’t on BC2 on the 23rd and only got on it recently (like me for example), here’s the complete post of what they added or fixed.
As the title suggests, there is an update for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 coming for the PS3 platform, and it contains multiple changes to the game. This update is also in preparation for our upcoming VIP Map Pack 7 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, which explains the size of it.
We are working hard on getting these fixes out for Xbox 360 as well, so in the coming days, look for updates on that platform as well.
Since the PC platform has already received some of these fixes there will be a separate list for that.Sometime tomorrow the update will be deployed and will be downloadable for everyone starting up their PS3. PS3 players might encounter some temporary outages or suffer from lag during the server updates (between GMT 00:01 2010-11-24 and GMT 00:01 2010-11-25).
Here is a complete list of all the fixes in this update:
– Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
– Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
– Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
– Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
– Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
– Slightly increased the AT4’s damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
– Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
– Increased the AT4’s splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
– Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
– Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
– Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
– Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
– Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
– Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
– Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
– Slightly increased the damage of the UH6
If you have any questions regarding the patch, feel free to contact me on my Twitter.
Posted by zh1nt0, Battlefield Blog