The initial BF3 rumours:
– Set in modern day (just like BF2)
– 40 players PER team. 40 vs 40 battles.
– Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
– Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
– Same “ticket-based” [conquest] gameplay style as before
– BF3 Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
– Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
– Will feature 48 different BF3 vehicles (24 for each faction)
– Will feature 34 different BF3 weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
– Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
– Battlefield 3 Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
– “Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
– Battlefield 3 Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
– In-game replay and recording feature
– VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
– Built in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
– Widows Vista and OS X
– A map is mentioned by name, called “Baghdad Burning”, and appears to be a massive urban map, similar to BF2’s very popular “Strike at Karkand”.
– Among the leaked features are some impressively large numbers: 56 total weapons, 48 total vehicles, and most stupefying of all, 40 vs. 40 battles. With teams that big, it’s no wonder they’re also reportedly adding a new tier to the squad mechanics introduced in Battlefield 2. Squads and the commander role return, but now three or four squads will form a battalion.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.